Luna is looking for a senior graphics developer to take charge of the design, development, and evolution of a new WebGL-based GUI for Luna, a project said by NASA and Singularity University to be 1 of 20 most impressive technologies worldwide. If you bring strong technical skills and a passion for user experience, this could be the role for you.
As a senior graphics developer, you'll be a key part of bringing the vision for Luna 2.0 into reality, with your work being integral to the realization of the next iteration of Luna. You'll be able to collaborate with a world-class team of skilled engineers, community managers, and business developers (from Bloomberg, PayPal, and GitHub to name a few), and make your indelible mark on the future of Luna.
What You'll Do
As a senior graphics developer, you'll be in charge of the creation of the new front-end for the Luna IDE: Luna Studio. This will involve:
- Working closely with stakeholders and customers to design intuitive solutions that unobtrusively enable a fluid workflow.
- Implement these solutions in a high-performance manner on top of web technologies to create a truly cross-platform GUI.
- Building a next-generation UI framework based on WebGL.
- Contribute to the creation of a vibrant open-source project and its ecosystem.
The Skills We're Looking For
We have a few particular skills that we're looking for in this role:
- A strong focus on both user experience and aesthetics.
- 3+ years experience with OpenGL or WebGL, and the related GLSL. We'd also hope for knowledge of GPU pipelines and architectures, and practical experience in optimising GLSL.
It would be a big bonus if you had:
- Knowledge of PureScript, Elm, Haskell, or some other strongly-typed functional programming language.
- Experience with visual programming systems such as Houdini, Max/MSP, Lab VIEW, or Touch Designer.