At Square Root, we need amazing DevOps engineers to handle the demands of our customers. Our platform is continually evolving, and we’re working to provide more scale and automation to keep up with the customer and feature growth. Our DevOps engineering team works with software development teams to instill a culture of DevOps and builds shared components that make all teams faster and more successful. We're a collaborative organization with an emphasis on iteration and learning. We’re looking for someone excited to work with modern technologies in a startup culture, looking to have an immediate impact, and ready to rise to the challenge of a growing organization.
Sound like you? Keep reading!
- You’ll help design and build our enterprise-scale SaaS infrastructure to stay ahead of our growing usage, planning for scalability, high availability, and low maintenance cost
- You’ll collaborate with software engineering and data engineering
- You’ll automate processes with a DevOps mindset, building infrastructure as code.
- We use containerization, orchestration, configuration management, and deployment automation. We don’t have CI/CD running yet, but with your help, we will.
- You’ll share best practices and mentor other Engineers in the areas where you're an expert
- Continuing to learn and grow, you’ll pick up new technologies and patterns as the product and industry evolve. While experience with these tools is not required, you’ll be working with AWS and Azure, Terraform, Docker, Chef, Jenkins, Kafka, ELK, and Datadog.
- You've got deep experience running web apps at scale
- You're a coder, not an administrator. You don't manage one server at a time; you build frameworks for configuring and monitoring them
- You have opinions on what makes a good DevOps tech stack, but you know that tech is dynamic so you don't limit yourself to just one approach
- You make the people around you better
- You're a thoughtful communicator, positive, with a bias for action
We're always looking for people to add to and evolve our culture + company. We want you to bring your unique experience and perspective, so don't worry about checking all the boxes. If our values and mission resonate with you, please apply!
- Please apply with a cover letter that details why you’re a fit for the role and Square Root!
- This role can work remotely or in our Austin, Texas office.
Our Radical Culture
Our culture is at the core of everything we do. As we grow, we’re not only looking to hire the best and brightest, but we’re also looking for people that share our values. This is the code we live by:
- Think big. Do bigger. Big ideas are meant to be pursued. We have a bias for action, iteration, and impact.
- Be Customer Inspired. Our customers’ toughest challenges inspire us to build innovative software. We delight them by deeply understanding their business and driving results.
- Partner. We’re approachable, dependable, and collaborative. We go above and beyond to help our customers, our partners, and one another succeed.
- Thrive. We revere personal and professional growth. We recognize individuality, embrace authenticity, and celebrate each other’s success.
The Good Stuff
Founded in Austin, Texas, we’ve been bootstrapped and profitable since our start in 2006. Along the way, we’ve added a slew of benefits + perks inspired by our team of Radicals. Here’s a sample:
- Flexibility: no dress code, office hours, or vacation policy
- Competitive benefits and compensation
- A cozy campus of five 1920’s craftsman homes in downtown
- Radicals get $3,000 a year to learn anything (seriously!)
- Team lunches, stocked kitchen + bar, coffee-snob compliant coffee machines
Square Root is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.