At ChappellRoberts, ideas are the currency we trade. We are currently seeking Freelance Web Developers with at least 5-10 years experience, a knack for problem solving, and a passion for writing beautiful code, to partner with our team. You must be adaptable, resourceful, and able to independently develop effective solutions to problems. Ideally, we would like you to be based somewhere within the greater Tampa Bay area.
Here's what we’ll need you to do:
- Work on a Mac.
- Hand-code fully-responsive websites; campaign microsites and landing pages.
- Collaborate directly with designers, other developers, strategists, account executives, and occasionally clients from initial ideation to project completion.
- Make recommendations for the best technical solutions to meet a development challenge.
- Implement, customize and maintain content-management systems and train both clients and internal agency staff how to use them
- Estimate time and hard-costs to complete assigned projects
Here's what we need you to know:
- HTML5 + CSS3 (SASS)
- OOP PHP (experience with Laravel is a major plus)
- Experience working in and building custom themes for PHP-based content-management systems. Special bonus points if you have experience with a CMS that is NOT WordPress — Statamic, October, CraftCMS, etc.
- Comfortable converting Sketch (and sometimes Photoshop) files to code
- Solid understanding and ability to write code for responsive design
- Solid understanding of web animation (CSS/JS)
- Experience with Bootstrap
- Ability to conduct thorough cross browser/device testing and debugging
- Understanding of on-page SEO best practices
- Understanding of HTML email best practices
- Have a comfort level managing Linux servers (experience with Laravel Forge is a major plus)
- Experience with build automation (Gulp/Grunt/Webpack)
- Comfortable developing in a LAMP environment
- Comfortable managing Linux servers
- Familiarity using Git/BitBucket for source control
- Being comfortable on a command line (terminal)
- Familiarity with WCAG 2.0 accessibility standards and ability to write code that adheres to an A- and AA-level of compliance.
And a couple more really important things we need:
- A generally positive attitude.
- Willingness to put in some extra time when a project calls for it. (It's not often, but it happens.)
Here's what we need from you if you're interesting in working with us:
- A resume
- A cover letter explaining why you’re the right person for us
- At least 5 online work samples illustrating the qualifications listed above
- A willingness to complete our online Developer Coding Challenge (from the comfort of your own home) and prove that you meet the technical qualifications listed above.