We’re looking for a full-time Software Engineer to help drive data and visual insights out of millions of developer data points.
The position is full time, either remote or based in our Athens office (if you happen to live near), we will also consider locations within 2-3 hours of Central European Time.
What skills we are looking for
- Proven experience with React, Redux and related technologies
- Familiarity with testing tools such as Enzyme, Mocha, Chai, Jest
- Appreciation for good UX & UI design, ability to contribute to a design discussion
- Backend web API development experience (Node.js)
- Experience with AWS and other cloud providers
- Experience working with relational and NoSQL databases (MongoDB)
Bonus points for
- Experience with AWS Lambda or other “serverless” backend architecture
- Experience with Python
- Experience with data visualisation (e.g. using D3.js)
- An appreciation for data and understanding of statistics
What you’ll be responsible for
- Iterating on our in-house survey tool (built on AWS Lambda, React and Redux) to reach developers everywhere in the world and provide a delightful UX.
- Working on our custom dashboard tool (backend in Node.JS / Python and frontend in React) for displaying data to clients and developers.
- Maintaining and enhancing our developer and client-facing websites. We’ve deployed ‘static-CMS’ sites using Gatsby, Contentful, Prismic and Netlify. Much of our stack is using Node.js.
If you’re that person, we’d love to talk.
Key success metrics
You will be successful in the role if in the first 6 months you have:
- Shown ability to maintain and improve our existing codebase and your code is readable, testable, and understandable six months later.
- Built successful working relationships across the company to support other technology-related activities.
What we offer
- Opportunity to make a difference as part of the research company that works with the biggest tech brands to help the world understand developers.
- Competitive salary
- Performance-based bonus every 6 months
- Company share option plan
- Your laptop of choice + large monitor
- No dress code formalities. Come to work with your flip-flops or your holiday sombrero
- Annual training budget to develop your skills and career
- Monthly book allowance from Amazon, on any book you like
- Spotify Premium or Netflix subscription
- Part of an entrepreneurial, fast moving company that's raising the bar, and calling the trends of the software economy