Growing software company looking for a self-starting, experienced, and versatile software developer based in Atlanta, GA or remote.
This team meets (virtually) and is responsible for rolling out regular releases to several web, mobile, and desktop applications. At a high level, this developer will be responsible for:
- designing and implementing new features and functionality for both new and existing web, mobile, and desktop applications
- conducting R&D with new libraries, frameworks, and technologies
- reviewing code and mentoring junior level developers
- fixing bugs (nobody likes it, but we’ve all got to do it)
- contributing to product documentation
- responding to more technical questions from customers than we care about
- communicating openly and effectively with co-workers and customers
We utilize agile methodologies and typically follow a 2-week release cadence. In addition to our daily scrum meetings, we also meet weekly (virtually) to share our progress with the entire time. Once or twice a year we meet for in-person for meetings/ training.
We make heavy use of Azure DevOps for backlog and issue tracking. We love Open Source, but we don’t shy away from spending money to make sure we have the right tools for the job. We aren’t afraid of trying new technology and make a point of regularly evaluating new tooling, libraries, and frameworks.
Work schedules are flexible, but reasonable availability for meetings, collaboration, and customer support during core business hours is required.
Skills & Requirements
Our ideal candidate will exhibit:
- demonstrable skills working with responsive design, HTML 5, and CSS
- a solid command and understanding of C# and ASP.NET
- the ability to work easily in a variety of programming languages and environments to support a variety of web, mobile, and desktop applications
- an approach of always writing code as if they are the ones that will have to maintain it over the long haul (because who knows, maybe they will be…)
- a serious interest in learning about and trying out new technologies and platforms
In addition, the following would be beneficial:
- a working knowledge of SQL (ideally SQL Server)
- experience working with cloud services, SQL Database, and BLOB storage in Microsoft Azure
- professional-level written and verbal communications skills
If you have the experience and skills listed, we’d love to hear from you.
NO recruiters please.